• "Henry Knox, The Father of American Artillery," / by Richard L. Heit. Field Artillery Journal, 47 (Sept.-Oct. 1979) pp. 48-51
• Henry Knox, A Soldier of the Revolution: Major-General in the Continental Army, Washington's Chief of Artillery / by Noah Brooks.-Google Ebook-
• Life and Correspondence of Henry Knox Major-General in the American Revolutionary Army / by Francis Drake. -Ebook at Internet Archives-
• Henry Knox: Visionary General of the American Revolution / by Mark Puls.- Google Ebook-
Life and Correspondence of Henry Knox, Major-General in the American Revolutionary Army / by Francis Samuel Drake.-Google Ebook-
• Major-General Henry Knox / by James Wall Schureman Campbell. A Short address detailing the life of Henry Knox on Internet Archive.
• "Father Knox" / by Capt. George J. B. Fisher. Student Paper, 1934.
• The Knox Trail-History. Site on Washington's decision to dispatch Henry Knox, a young Boston bookseller, to organize the transport of captured artillery pieces from the Fort Ticonderoga to Boston.
• Henry Knox diary, 20 November 1775- 13 January 1776. Site offers the original diary kept by Knox on his mid-winter journey from Fort Ticonderoga with captured cannon/mortars. Typed transcriptions of the diary are available.
• Pluckemin Artillery Cantonment. Site provides information on the Pluckemin Artillery Cantonment, General Knox's 1778-1779 winter encampment facility offering formal officer and artillery training, which is now recognized as the nation's first military academy.
• "General Henry Knox's Ticonderoga Expedition" / by Alexander C. Flick. Quarterly Journal of the New York State Historical Association, 9 April 1928, pp. 119-135.